Do you love Christian music? Do you love writing, blogging and social media? Are you a college student looking for an internship? The Sound Opinion is looking for an intern for next semester (or sooner, depending on the selected candidate’s schedule). All internships are unpaid and for class credit only. However, interns will be able to occasionally receive complimentary music, concert tickets, invitations to VIP events and bylines.
As an intern for The Sound Opinion, you will gain valuable experience in writing for an established website. You will learn how to effectively use a content management system, write journalistic pieces, develop your interview skills and gain valuable insight into the Christian music industry. All interns will work from home. (No equipment, supplies or housing will be provided). Most of the work can be done from a computer at your own pace; however, if located in Nashville, there will be opportunities to attend meetings, events and concerts.
The position includes, but is not limited to, the following duties:
- working in a content management system and posting blogs and other articles
- summarizing press releases and posting as news articles
- uploading and posting song downloads and video content
- crafting messaging and managing social media sites, including Twitter and Facebook
- drafting and sending regular newsletter updates
- attending and covering various events, award shows, concerts, etc.
- transcribing interviews
- various administrative tasks as assigned
- bylines and samples for your portfolio
- valuable experience working in a content management system
- experience writing in AP Style for a reputable Christian music website
- opportunities to interact and possibly interview artists
- free music, concert and event tickets and a behind-the-scenes look at the Christian music industry
An ideal candidate…
- Must be currently enrolled as a student at a college or university.
- Must be seeking class credit.
- Must be working toward a degree in journalism, mass communication, english, or something comparable.
- Must have access to a computer and a phone.
- Must be an experienced writer (published work is a plus but not required).
- Must be a fan of and familiar with current Christian music scene.
- Must have experience working with content management systems.
- Must be familiar with AP Style.
- Must have experience crafting messages for social media.
- Desired candidate would be located in Nashville, Tenn., as local students would be better able to take full advantage of this internship and would be able to attend select events, concerts, award shows, etc. Applicants from other cities will still be considered and are welcome and encouraged to apply.
Deadline for all applications is October 31, 2013. A minimum of two writing samples and a resume are also required.